What if the custodial parent wants to move away from the non-custodial parent?

If the custodial parents wants to move away from the non-custodial parent and there is a parenting plan and a court order already established, it’s important that that parent abide by a specific statute, Florida Statute 61.13001. Basically that statute outlines all of the requirements that that parent would have to prove in court in order to relocate, unless the other parents consents. Failure to abide by that statute and file the appropriate petition may result in the court ordering for the child to return back to the jurisdiction where the non-custodial parents lives. It is important to seek out the help from an attorney if you are seeking to relocate, because the consequences can be grave.