What papers do I need when I start a divorce case in Florida?

There are a number of documents that you would have to file with the court in order to obtain a divorce. The most important document, of course, is a Petition for Dissolution of Marriage but there are some other required documents, a Notice of Social Security, if there are minor children involved in the action. Then you would also have to file a UCCJEA, a notice of related case is also required.

You can pick up a packet from the local County Courthouse where you can fill out that they would provide all of the documents. You can fill it out and file it with the court, but I would recommend that you seek an attorney with filling out these documents, or with obtaining representation as it is important that you list the necessary relief that you’re seeking for the court to grant.