How do I obtain a loan modification?

Generally, in order to obtain a loan modification you must notify your servicer of your intention to stay in the property and your intention to modify the loan. The loan servicer will then send you an application along with a checklist of documents that you would need to gather and submit to the servicer. It’s very important that you submit these documents in a timely fashion, or you face the consequence of your application being rejected. If you tried two or three times to obtain a modification and have been unsuccessful, I highly recommend that you seek the help of an agency or an attorney to help you and assist with these efforts.