St. Petersburg & Pinellas Park Divorce Attorneys

Call 727-317-4738 to schedule a consultation and protect your interests today.

Why Should You Hire a Divorce Attorney to Represent Your Case?

Hiring a divorce attorney in Pinellas County is crucial to ensuring your rights are protected.

Initial Divorce Action

Whether you are thinking about obtaining a divorce or have been served with a Petition for Dissolution of Marriage, now is not the time to panic. Yes, it is definitely a challenging time, but a divorce attorney leads as your legal advocate throughout the divorce process. Whichever position you are in, now is the time to consult with a caring St. Petersburg divorce attorney who is equipped with the tools to protect your interests in a Dissolution of Marriage action or divorce. Person signing divorce papers in St. Petersburg

When you are beginning an initial divorce action, there are several major aspects that must be resolved before a judge will grant a Dissolution of Marriage, including, but not limited to, parental responsibility, timesharing, and child support if there are minor children involved. These are major family decisions that will affect you and your children’s lives for many years to come.

The Court will also determine equitable distribution or the division of marital assets or debts and/or alimony. Alimony is determined according to the duration of the marriage and the need and ability of the parties to provide for the other. The outcome of these financial matters during a divorce in Florida will make a huge impact on your standard of living and overall financial status as well.

Hiring a divorce attorney in St. Petersburg makes a big difference in outcomes that affect the rest of your life. It is tough to go through a divorce period, but it is even more challenging and stressful when you are on your own.

How We Can Help You

As professional, compassionate divorce attorneys in St. Petersburg, the Golden Key Law Group works aggressively as your legal advocate in all aspects of family law.

Here are the reasons why you should take the time to meet with us to discuss your legal situation:

First, we will take the time to review the details of your case and provide our professional opinion regarding the strategy we should take to execute your goals. Each divorce case is different and should be examined carefully to determine what actions are the best for your particular situation.

Second, we will consider the personal impact that this situation has on your family life, livelihood, and other factors that are important to you that other attorneys may not consider. We really listen to your needs and understand that changes are not easy. Our family lawyers guide you every step of the way and answer any questions you have about the process and what happens next.

Lastly, we are passionate about what we do. We take great pride and care in representing our clients in a professional manner as officers of the Court. We understand the complexities of family law and are skilled outside and inside the Court.

Do not hesitate to contact us today to schedule your initial consultation to discuss your case and explore what we can do for you.

Modification of a Divorce Order in Pinellas County

Some people find themselves in a situation where a few years or maybe even a few months down the line, a divorce order or decree may become outdated. The order or decree can be outdated because it is too vague or too specific and no longer fits the situation for you and your family. This is not uncommon.

Two rings sitting on top of Pinellas County divorce papers

It is also a critical time to have a St. Petersburg divorce lawyer on your side. If you are considering whether to modify your order or decree, it is important that you understand that there is a heightened legal standard. The initial establishment of timesharing is according to the best interest of the child’s standard. In order to modify an order, you must clearly establish that there is a substantial change in circumstances.

If you retain our law firm, we will draft the modification action so that it can meet the standards that the judicial system requires. The opposing party will file motions to dismiss because the substantial change in circumstances standard is difficult to reach. We can assist you with these efforts to get a modification of a divorce order.

Pre/Post-marital Agreements

Have you worked hard to build your business prior to getting married? Have you acquired the property after you were married? You definitely have options to protect your interests before and after you are married. When you meet with one of our family law attorneys, we can explore different provisions that will meet your ideal situation, along with the risks and benefits of having such agreements.


Relocations need to be taken with care when there are children involved. Do you have a current timesharing order or parenting plan that specifically states that you must file a petition or motion with the Court in order to move 50 miles or more away from your current residence? Well, it is important that you plead this the right way, as the consequences can be grave.

Using the correct language and strategy is crucial, and it is not recommended to try to relocate without proper legal assistance.

We’ve witnessed on numerous occasions where the judge will change primary custody or the timesharing order as a consequence of a parent unilaterally moving prior to seeking permission from the Court or obtaining consent from the other parent pursuant to Florida Statutes 61.13001.

We are ready and able to assist you with your efforts to relocate to a different county or state to ensure that you are in the best position possible for the Court to grant the relocation with you and your minor child.

Schedule A Divorce Consultation Today

Pinellas county divorce attorneys posing in front of Golden Key Law Group logo

Navigating a divorce can be one of life’s most challenging experiences, but you don’t have to face it alone. At Golden Key Law, we specialize in guiding individuals through the complexities of divorce in St. Petersburg, Florida. Our dedicated team understands the emotional and legal intricacies of divorce proceedings, from the initial filing to the final decree.

Our approach is tailored to protect your interests and advocate for your rights at every turn. Whether it’s negotiating equitable asset division, determining alimony, or addressing child custody concerns, our skilled St. Petersburg divorce attorneys are committed to securing the best possible outcome for you. We recognize that every divorce is unique, and our strategies are designed to meet your specific needs and circumstances.

Call 727-317-4738 to schedule a consultation and protect your interests today.

Frequently Asked Questions

How is alimony determined?

Alimony is determined according to the duration of the marriage and the need and ability of the parties to provide for the other. In Florida, alimony is estimated by taking 30% of the payer’s gross annual income minus 20% of the payee’s gross annual income.

I worked hard to build my business before marriage. Should I worry about my interests?

No need to worry. You definitely have options to protect your interests before and after you are married. At Golden Key Law Group, our Pinellas County divorce lawyers can explore different provisions that will meet your ideal situation.

What should St. Petersburg and Pinellas County residents know about filing for divorce locally? 

Residents of St. Petersburg and Pinellas County should be aware that while Florida state laws govern the overall process of divorce, local filings are made at the Pinellas County Clerk of the Circuit Court. Understanding the specific procedures and requirements for filing in this jurisdiction is crucial. At Golden Key Law Group, we have extensive experience guiding St. Petersburg and Pinellas County residents through these local processes. We ensure that our clients’ filings are handled efficiently and correctly, respecting both state laws and local court guidelines.